Monday, October 6, 2014

Pause!

Ephesians 5:15-17
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
 
     This was the focus of yoga last week. I think this is something we all need to ponder, what is God's will, not just with the big stuff, but with small stuff as well? Are we missing opportunities? Are we so focused on our ideas that we forget who actually has our best interests in mind?  Do we miss out on blessings because we are always one step ahead focused on our earthly goals and not living in the moment with God? When we go about our daily lives and make decisions or have an idea, do we let God guide us, or do we run with it without giving it a second thought? I am learning more and more to try to seek God's wisdom and will in everyday life. Sometimes however I get impatient or its something so little that I think I don't need Gods guidance, I can do this on my own. But this isn't wise is it? We are nothing without God's grace, guidance, and shield. Shouldn't we in ALL that we do be looking to God for wisdom. Its so easy to stop and think when the big stuff hits, but do we really take the time to look to his will in the small moments as well. And even with the big stuff do we truly take the time to pause and listen for God's guidance or do we get impatient? Do we demand answers immediately or do we patiently seek God's will?
 
  I really have been looking to God in everday life, but I also know all to well I am not perfect many times I am guilty of all the above running ahead of God, thinking I can do this on my own, or being impatient in seeking answers to God's will in my life.  But I do feel I continue to improve and learning skills from yoga is helping me to stop, pause, think, listen, and seek God. Its helping me learn to live not ahead of God but with God in the present moment, which helps me to seek him in everyday life decisions. I think in order to truly seek Gods will you have to first learn to be present in the moment.
 
     Right now I am seeking God's guidance with my photography, how does God want me to best use this gift? Is it really for income or is it to help share memories or stories?
     I also seek God's guidance in my search for health. Sometimes this is a challenge as I seek holistic medicine and ideas and am met with some resistance in the Christian world. But I feel God is guiding me to become a healthier me and the more naturally we live the better I feel. We have recently been changing our diets more and more and the benefits are absolutely amazing. Trusting Gods natural world has definitely been an amazing journey. I see this through Dakotas eyes as she gets excited to make juice, or goes and grabs my oils and requests a massage. I love that she is learning at an early age things that make her feel good from the inside out.
     I even seek God out in parenting. How do I guide Dakota to be the best little person she can be? Some days are more challenging than others but then again when I'm living in the present moment it seems to be naturally easier. Of course some decisions are bigger than others when it comes to parenting. Some decisions probably come natural but others we do need to stop pause and seek God's will and guidance.
     I'm sure there are many more areas I seek God or should be seeking Him, but these are the ones that popped up in my mind.
 
     What areas are you struggling with? Do you need to press pause and seek God's will and guidance? What areas do you find yourself seeking God the most? 
 

No comments: