Wednesday, October 8, 2014

When Mom gets sick!

     So I wound up sick yesterday, started feeling it Monday evening, it was bound to reach me eventually, as both Dakota and my husband had been sick. I miss the days of actually being able to sleep it off. Somehow though once you become a mom you lose that privilege. Even when my husband is home to watch Dakota I literally have to lock the door to our bedroom to get some rest and still hear her calling me through the tears, MOMMA! MOMMA! MOMMA! Its like I'm breaking her little heart.

    I literally do not know what happened pretty much all day yesterday. Somehow I managed through the day, very zombie like. There were dishes and laundry that needed to be done, and diapers to change and a child to be fed, and many many spills to be cleaned up. I'm not sure how it happened but I made it through. However I was determined to not get worse. I knew I had some juice recipes specifically for being sick. So I gathered everything up and made a juice for lunch. I wasn't sure how well it would work but today I feel 10x's better, even though the weather is gloom and doom. I wouldn't say I am 100% but I was able to get dinner done this morning, make a grocery list, get lunch, do a load of dishes, and go grocery shopping. I think that drink will become my new go to when I get sick. I also used a mixture of coconut oil, lavender, and tea tree oil that Dakota loved when she wasn't feeling well and so I decided to use it as well. Now I know why she was begging me for it, it helped me breathe and sleep, better than any over the counter creams I've ever used and didn't have the burning sensation, I hate so much.

I am loving my Journey, as I dive more into holistic health. I didn't have to touch a single pharmaceutical drug to feel only temporarily better. Our bodies are truly amazing! Now I wonder what would happen if I drank that juice on a weekly basis. I'm sure it would help to build up my immunity!

This is what I used in my juice it was a combo of 2 recipes with some alterations! ( I also used some baby romaine lettuce)
*Carrots
*Celery
*Cucumber
*Apple
*Ginger
*Garlic



No comments: