Monday, September 29, 2014

Recipe Corner: Garlic and Herb Roast


     So we are slightly garlic crazy, everything we seem to  make lately contains garlic. This roast though was amazing and to make it even better it was organic meat! I lucked out and caught a sale. I'm sure it would still be great non organic with a good cut. We only had a small amount of leftovers which was devoured the next day for lunch! The ultimate sign of a winning meal, is how long do the leftovers last.

     Typically I do my roast via crockpot but this was actually oven baked, but it was just as juicy and tender as a crock pot roast. It is also a fairly easy and quick recipe. The hardest part is the garlic.

So as always here is the original recipe I got from Pinterest...I did make a few alterations. But you can always follow the original...just click here.

What you need:

1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) Cross Rib Roast (Mine was about 1 1/2lbs, but we like strong flavors so I did not cut ingredients in half)
3 tablespoons good-quality Balsamic Vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, removed from stems and chopped (I didn't bother chopping just removed from stem)
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, removed from stems and chopped (I didn't bother chopping just removed from stem)
1 tablespoon coarse salt or sea salt
Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil (I used garlic-infused olive oil) ((I used plain old olive oil))

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

It says to reduce heat after 15 min but since mine was smaller I only did 10 min at 450 then reduced to 350 and took about an hour.

I just mixed all the seasonings together and brushed on. I also added a little more vinegar to keep it moist. I also added the onion and potatoes around the roast. When I think roast I always think potatoes!  

And that's it, like I said pretty simple, but yet absolutely delicious! :)

No comments: