Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Exploding Energy, here come the 2s!

    

     So I don't know what happened between last week and this week but Dakota has had an explosion of energy this week! She is go, go, go, from 7:30am to 9:30pm with approximately only an hour nap these days. As independent as she is she is getting to a point where she wants to be challenged, but yet is getting frustrated. She is getting into interlocking puzzles but throws the pieces if they don't fit right, even though she knows full well its supposed to go there. Most of the time she is right but she just doesn't have it positioned quite right...so mommy to the rescue. She is an artist, in one day she colored, used stickers and painted a huge piece of paper in about 20 minutes and has since now continuously brought me the paints. While mommy doesn't mind mess, paint we must learn is not a 24/7 option, and that's a hard concept to learn. She loves letters and has finally been able to say in correct order the letters in her name except K, but its constantly pointing and looking to mommy when she gets stuck. There were days I  was concerned of how timid she was of physical activity, but  she is finally catching up and has become a daredevil. Just last night she  knocked over our glass decorative table even though we have told her over and over again that that would eventually happen, if she kept hanging on it. She has had a bruise on her head all week from diving into the wall, which again I had been waiting for it to happen. She loves to nose dive into the pile of blankets we have on the floor to replace our non existing couch. I am utterly exhausted by the time I put her to bed, and am not sure I can keep up with her everyday like this, but I certainly try.

      However, when the exhaustion sets in I just am thankful at the end of the day that its me that gets to spend these crazy exploding leaps and bounds of growing and learning she is making, with her. It makes my heart melt to watch her learn new things. I know if I was working I would ultimately miss many of those heart melting moments. Underneath the exhaustion, underneath the mounds of laundry and dishes, underneath the repetitiveness of the days activities, underneath the booboos and tears, underneath the tantrums and frustration (hers and mine), at the end of the day I know I am absolutely blessed! I am thankful for this time I have with her after all the stress we have gone through as a family, I finally feel like I am fully enjoying motherhood. Despite the immense exhaustion, I know it will be over in the blink of an eye, so for now I will take the exhaustion and enjoy my time as mom.

No comments: