Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Kid is Pretty Awesome!

    
     Have you ever had a moment with your child, where you just go hmm... you're pretty cool. I totally had that moment today! I was getting gas and I always make faces at Dakota to entertain her. I have always done this since she was teeny tiny and today she just full on was making faces back at me laughing hysterically. I realized that this moment I have had with her on a weekly basis has grown and evolved. It started with her 2 years ago just staring blankly back at me and probably thinking what in the world is my mom doing? She's absolutely nuts. To recently where she has been making faces back at me and joining in on the fun.
     Its pretty cool to see her grow in her personality and to know that she's goofy and weird just like her parents. As I was doing this today, I had a brief moment of, I wonder what people are thinking right now as I am sticking my tongue out and dancing around but then I didn't care what they thought its a great moment we have together with an everyday task. I'm hoping that we can have many more of these goofy moments and that she will learn to be her crazy goofy self without noticing what others think of her.
     She is definitely gaining more and more confidence everyday and is a whacko sometimes, but I really wouldn't have it any other way! I'm glad to see that despite some of my insecurities that I am passing along a great skill, forgetting everyone around you and being yourself! I truly hope she continues to grow in this confidence and continues making goofy faces and running circles in the grocery store like a maniac. If I only had that same carefree perspective on life that she possesses at the age of 2. I hope that never goes away for her, cause she's pretty awesome! :)

No comments: